Tuesday, July 28, 2009

At 14 Months

He is slowly maturing. What does this mean exactly? He sees a chihuahua on a trail and stops to sniff him. When I call him, he leaves the tiny dog and follows. A woman on a wheelchair asks us to stop during a walk. She wants to pet him. I start to explain he is afraid of wheelchairs, but before I finish the sentence, he proves me wrong. He licks the woman's hand, basking in the attention. Nana, a brindle-colored pitbull and her friends, two labrador mixes, are playing at the beach. I know he wants Nana's ball, but does not even approach her. Instead, he hangs around until one of the labs gets the ball, then chases the lab.

And the best one of all: He does not need the prong collar anymore. He does not pull when he walks. He pulls when he sees a critter, and then he pulls with the same force whether he has the prong collar or a leather collar

No comments: